About the comic
Kin and the Dragon is a lighthearted fantasy webcomic about a friendly, ageless elf, who is sent on a quest to kill a dragon. Each chapter will chronicle one of their little adventures.
Rated T for occasional fantasy violence, blood, dark implications (but, you know, in a lighthearted way) and just a smidgen of dismemberment.
About the artist
This is where I put a little blurb written by myself but in 3rd person to look like a real deal professional!
Sheren has been polluting the internet with her dumb doodles and characters for the past 15+ years. She lives in the Netherlands with her husband and, other than having an above average amount of swimming diploma’s, has no noteworthy achievements to brag about.
Technical stuff and credits
The comic is 99% done in Clip Studio Paint, with an occassional dash of Adobe Photoshop thrown in there. A walkthrough on how I used to complete a typical panel can be found here. I have a thread on Twitter with a more recent workflow.
- Lines: Default Textured pen in Clip Studio with the anti-aliasing and stabilisation turned off (screenie)
- Coloring: That same Textured pen, a soft airbrush, and Ron Chan’s Simple Watercolor brush with either a tiny bit of Sponge Bub by Frenden or this Watercolor Marker and Texture Set by ×ェ× for extra texture. Also, recently, I’ve played with Daub’s brushes a bit, most specifically Pigmento from the Bad 18.
- Dialogue: Milk Mustache by Blambot
- Logo: Story Book by Letterhead Fonts, modified and further designed by Ronald Slabbers.
- Chapter titles: Story Book by Letterhead Fonts